Dermal fillers, casually known as wrinkle fillers, are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to smoothen lines and soften creases, improve the appearance of scars, or enhance facial contours. This procedure is minimally invasive, without surgery or downtime.
Here are a few of the common issues dermal fillers can help to address:
- Smooth out lines around nose and mouth
- Restore volume to sunken cheeks
- Diminish vertical lip lines
- Plump thin lips
- Remove wrinkles
- Enhance shallow contours
- Improve symmetry among facial features
Types of dermal fillers
Here are some of the FDA-approved filler products:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA)
- Poly-L-lactic Acid
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
- Autologous fat injections (facial fat grafting)
Our surgeon will determine with you the best type and volume of filler needed for your particular areas of concern. The lasting effects of dermal fillers depend on the product, the area of treatment, and the patient.
For a more in-depth discussion of this procedure, feel free to contact us. One of our representatives would be more than willing to accommodate you.